- The theme of this exhibition is “The skin, the largest organ in the body”.
- The aim of this exhibition is to bridge the gap between the scientific mind and the artistic mind in a creative fashion that drives our passion in having a healthy life.
- The exhibition is organized by the College of Medicine, Alfaisal University in collaboration with Saudi Association For Design and Art.
- The exhibition is open to all talented artists from all around The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The exhibition will be open to the public during the Skin-Expo period 22nd -23rd November.
- Press, art collector, and renowned artists will be invited to the event.
- The set-up and the logistical arrangements of the artworks will be handled by the organizing team.
- Artists are responsible for providing the following information; Title of artwork, size, and medium used, including price for selling in Saudi Riyals for each art work.
- Art competition and award
- -A panel of seasoned artists will judge the artworks submitted.
- -Three pieces will be selected as winners for best originality, composition, and creativity.
- -Competition Award: First place: 5000 s.r, second place: 3000 s.r, and third place: 2000 s.r.
What are the exhibition’s theme? And why?
The art should represent any of the following themes:
Storyline: Our skin is our story; often, we look at scars as a something to hide. But in reality, they’re a symbol of experience that make us who we are.
Kinks: Disorders and the body image; relevant skin diseases seriously affect people's health. How do these disorders affect our own perception of our own body image.
Impulses: Tactility; the skin contains general receptors, and these receptors detect touch, pain, pressure, and temperature.
Niche: The boundaries and the physical contact; our skin is a boundary line. Everything within the borderline we define as “ourselves”, everything outside the borderline line is “not-us”.
What type of artistic work can be submitted?
- Each presented artwork can be no larger than 70 cm high, 70 cm wide, and 10 cm deep.
- Each artist can submit up to 3 pieces.
- Accepted mediums for the two-dimensional artwork are as follows:
- Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed).
- Collages: must be two dimensional.
- Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints.
- Computer-generated art.
What are the suitability guidelines?
- Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate Saudi Arabia’s copyright laws.
- Work entered must be in the original medium (that is, not a scanned reproduction of a painting or drawing).
- The final decision regarding the suitability of the artwork submitted for the art exhibition will be made by a panel of qualified artists from the region.
- Jury's final decision will lead to a selection of 40 artists that will participate in the “Skindentity Art Exhibition”.
- The organizing team will be responsible of the artwork prior the event day; however, the owner takes full responsibility after it is displayed.
What are the judging criteria for the art competition?
- Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer.
- Creativity and originality of the depicted theme.
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
- The extent in which the artwork relates to the subject of the art exhibition (Skindentity), Contemporary art detour from having a straightforward image of the chosen theme, for the viewer to interpret the artwork with their own individual impression.
- Complete the registration form.
- Deadline of registration is 31st October, 2018.