Quality Assurance and Accreditation Department
The Quality Assurance and Accreditation Department (CoM-QAAD) was established under the College of Medicine with the aim to conduct systematic reviews of the provisions at the College, and to maintain and improve their quality, equity and efficiency. The mission of the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Department is to create and cultivate a culture of excellence and continuous improvement of quality practices through the development and application of innovative quality systems, models, standards, tools, and methodologies that aid in achieving the College’s strategic objectives. The department is also responsible for conducting and organizing internal and external program reviews including program accreditation.
Goals of Quality Assurance PracticesThe CoM-QAAD has constructed the following goals to provide targets for quality practices at the College. These goals are reviewed regularly at least on an annual basis.
- Ensure that the program has effective well-defined goals and objectives aligned with the university and the College’s mission, vision and strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the program has well-defined Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) and Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs) that are all mapped to the SaudiMEDs Framework and the SAQF.
- Ensure that the PLOs contribute to the achievement of graduate attributes.
- Ensure that all program quality standards and aspects are well documented and reported.
- Ensure that courses are evaluated and reported on an annual basis and reports include information about the effectiveness of planned strategies and the extent to which intended learning outcomes are being achieved.
- Monitor the quality of all courses regularly through appropriate evaluation mechanisms and amended as required.
- Ensure that records of student completion rates are kept for all courses and for programs as a whole and included among quality indicators.
- Analyze course completion and program progression and completion rates and student course and program evaluations, with summaries and comparative data distributed to senior administrators at least once each year.
- Ensure that student assessment processes are appropriate for the intended learning outcomes and effectively and fairly administered with independent verification of standards achieved.
- Ensure that teaching is of high quality with appropriate strategies used for different categories of learning outcomes.
- Ensure that clinical teaching at affiliated as well as non-affiliated hospitals is appropriate for the successful achievement of learning outcomes.
- Establish a comprehensive system (including but not limited to student surveys) in place for evaluation of teaching effectiveness in all courses.
- Ensure that regular (at least annual) reports are provided to college administrators on the delivery of each course.
- Establish a system to ensure that teaching staff have appropriate qualifications and experience for the courses they teach.
- Establish a system to ensure the field experience activities are planned and administered as fully integrated components of the program, with learning outcomes specified, supervising staff considered as members of teaching teams, and appropriate evaluation and course improvement strategies are carried out.
Quality Assurance ManualThe purpose of this Quality Assurance Manual is to act as a summarized source of information for the College’s quality system, assessment of learning outcomes, highlight of important QA policies, guidelines and procedures which support the College in its goal to assure the quality of practices in all domains, and program accreditation.
Download the QA Manual here