Vision & Mission
Our vision is to be a regional leader in improving health through innovation in research, education, and service to the community.
Our mission is to prepare its students for meeting and responding to the changing healthcare needs and expectations of the Saudi Arabian community. This will be achieved in full partnership with other healthcare providers and relevant sectors in the community.
- Responsiveness to local, national, and international health needs
- Commitment to innovation and excellence
- Life-long learning and critical inquiry
- Promotion of social justice, equity, diversity, and professionalism
- Effective partnership with all our stakeholders
- Multi-professional and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Supportive and respectful relationships
- Accountability and transparency
- Collaborative leadership
- Embracing diversity
The College of Medicine commits to the fulfillment of its vision and mission by striving to meet the following goals:
- Goal 1: A medical school founded on the advancement of knowledge through research and education and recognized as one of the best research-intensive medical schools in the region.
- Goal 2: A medical school in which an environment of investigation, discovery, scholarship, and intellectual exchange supports a community of faculty, students, and staff with strong academic leaders in the biomedical sciences.
- Goal 3: A medical school and University each made stronger and together greater through close academic and administrative partnerships.
- Goal 4: A premier medical school that earns the public’s trust and respect through outstanding patient care and academic medicine.
- Goal 5: A medical school that optimizes health through community partnerships.
- Goal 6: A medical school that is socially accountable to the needs and the diversity of the populations of Saudi Arabia.
- Goal 7: A medical school that leads and conducts research activities that positively impact the health of those living in Saudi communities.
- Goal 8: A medical school that fosters a positive learning environment for students, faculty and staff.
The graduate attributes that students will develop studying at the College of Medicine, Alfaisal University are:
- A Safe Practitioner,
- A Scholar,
- A Collaborator,
- A Communicator,
- An Advocate,
- A Leader,
- A Professional, and
- A Lifelong Learner